My First Experiment, in which I buy shirts that are too big and have them altered:
- Big Shirt #1
- Big Shirt #2
- Big Shirt #3
- Big Shirt #4
The Results of My First Experiment
Another Alteration, in which I fall in love with a deeply discounted blouse from Banana Republic that cannot be redeemed
Yes You Can Alter that Neckline!
A Reminder of Why Constructed-for-Us Shirts are Better than Altered-for-Us Shirts
- Amazing Success Altering My AJ Rumina Shirt
- Success to Come with My Carissa Rose Justina Shirt
When is an Alteration Worth It?
Do It Yourself Options:
- DVD: Full Busted? Sew Clothes That Fit! (I bought and lent this to my patternmaker who found it very helpful.
- You can also find a good review of the DVD on this H Cup sewer’s Lazystitching blog.
The Made to Measure Option
The Custom Option
- Gorgeous Knits from Maria Ficalora: her studio, my favorites, more favorites
- Shirts from Cego
- BlueSuits (this link discusses Jamak Khazra’s RTW pieces, but she also makes custom pieces)
- Shibui Designs–Dresses for the 50+ Crowd
The Travel-Across-the-Globe Option for Custom Clothing
- Hoi An, Vietnam, Part 1
- Hoi An, Vietnam, Part 2
- Hoi An, Vietnam, Summary
- Hoi An, Vietnam, One More Thing
From the Pain-Free Guide to Getting Your Dream Wedding Dress Series
- The Off the Rack Option
- The Half Muslin Option
- The Altered Bustier