Today’s roundup is everything I meant to share with you last Monday.
First, two non-bra related lingerie discoveries have me thinking that my lingerie drawer is about to experience a renaissance:
- Quest for the Perfect Bra wrote I Guess I Like Garter Belts, and after realizing her reasons, I think I might like them, too. This could be the solution to gorgeous tights that won’t pull up all the way to the crotch and make me want to tear my clothes off. In the comments, Lingerie Lesbian suggests the 6-strap version by Kiss Me Deadly, a recommendation echoed by Kay from Kaori’s Closet last week.
- I thought I’d tried shapewear, but after reading Margarita Rodriguez’s post about shapewear for Pinup Girl Style, I realize I haven’t even begun. Maybe the pure hourglass look that I’ve been admiring on others isn’t out of my reach after all. A slip to smooth out the bumps and laces of a corset? Brilliant!
If you’re like me and like happy endings to big bust stories
- about searching for a jacket that fits, then you’ll like Jodi’s post about her Z by Zelda find. (The Hourglassy Busty Clothing Swap helped make it happen!).
- about searching for a wedding dress, then you’ll enjoy reading Chloe’s experience on Muscles andÂ Curves.
Here are some new finds for us:
- velvet tank tops just in time for the holidays from Jodi’s full bust clothing company, Jailyn Apparel;
- Sleevey Wonders, for when you want sleeves with that tank;
- these really interesting sports bras and tanks from Lynx Sportswear–somehow I missed the reviews on The Full Figured Chest and Busty Girl Comics when they came out; and
- BiuBiu coming to A Sophisticated Pair. If you’ve put off purchasing because you don’t like dealing with international shipping, this will make things simpler.
After photographing nineteen very similar poses for my OOTD Challenge, I was happy to find more advice on the subject from Fuller Figure Fuller Bust and Sue Bryce (for links to more amazing advice culled from Sue Bryce’s blog, go to this earlier reading roundup).
I usually spend a lot on shoes and bras, so of course I was interested in Venusian Glow’s answer to the question Are Expensive Bras Better than Cheap Bras? I agree with her, but there are some expensive bras that are totally worth it. I think a comparison of the “Expensive Impostors” withÂ theÂ “Real Things” mightÂ be in order.
Finally, while preparing this roundup, I learned a lot about Fussy Busty from the 50 Questions that she posed and answered on November 14. Then came more answers from other bloggers you know:
- 50 Things about Windie (Undiegamer)
- 50 Things about Sweets (SweetNothingsNYC)
- 50 Random Facts about Erica (SophisticatedPair)
- Friday Night Fun: Fifty Facts (about Miss Underpinnings)
- 50 Things about BoosaurusÂ
- 50 Things You Never Wanted to Know (But Needed to Anyway) (Contrary Kiwi)
- 50 Things about Willow @ love. lust. lingerie
Like everyone else, I don’t usually do these kinds of exercises, but they made it too fun to resist. After the jump, I share my own answers.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:47.
2. How do you like your steak? Â Medium well.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?Â The Eyes Must Travel, a documentary about Diana Vreeland, the former editor of Vogue.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Breaking Bad
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I love living in New York City, but I wouldnâ€™t mind a summer home on Block Island (Rhode Island).
6. What did you have for breakfast? Honey Bunches of Oats.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Â Â It all depends on the mood Iâ€™m in . . . Vietnamese, Â Indian, Thai, Italian, French, or regular American. If I absolutely had to limit myself to only one cuisine for the rest of my life, Iâ€™d go with American because we have chocolate chips and great ice cream.
8. What foods do you dislike? Shrimp . . . I canâ€™t stand the texture, although for some reason I really like shrimp cocktail.
9. Favorite place to eat?Â A French patisserie in a strip mall near our house whose owner was a pastry chef at the Waldorf-Astoria. Itâ€™s not just the food I love. I like sharing tables with the elderly immigrants who gather there to catch up with each other.
10. Favorite dressing? Poppy seed maybe.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? 1999 Honda Accord Coupe.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Anything that when I slip it on I think, â€œBoy, this sure is well made.â€ Great fabric and attention to detail makes me feel elevated.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Syria and Lebanon. When I worked as a middle school English teacher in Bahrain, another American teacher who had worked in Syria kept telling me how beautiful it is. And all the Lebanese teachers I worked with kept tell me how beautiful and sophisticated Lebanon is. This was back in the 90â€™s, well before todayâ€™s upheaval.
14. Where would you want to retire? I have no idea, but I like this coupleâ€™s idea of selling their home and living in places all over the world for weeks or months at a time. I hate packing, though, andÂ saying goodbye, so eventually I’d want to stay put somewhere.Â http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443720204578004131575356160.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_News_JOURNALREPORTS7_4Â \
5. Favorite time of day? Between 9:30 and noon when the day feels full of possibility.Â
16. Where were you born? Nha Trang, Vietnam.Â
17. What is your favorite sport to watch? Mets baseball at the beginning of the season before their inevitable death spiral.
19. How many siblings? 2 older sisters, 1 brother 13 months younger than I.
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? I need to get one!Â
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Iâ€™m just curious to read them all.
22. Bird watcher? Not really, but we helped save a mourning dove once. And Iâ€™m fascinated by raptors.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Lately Iâ€™ve been a morning person who forces herself to stay up really late to finish things and then canâ€™t sleep in because Iâ€™ve suddenly become a morning person.Â
24. Do you have any pets? Two cats. Â Smudge is 17, and Cleo is 14. Theyâ€™re a lot of work.
25. Any new and exciting news youâ€™d like to share? Weâ€™re going on our first vacation all year in the upcoming weekâ€”to Honduras.Â
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A fashion designer.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Family vacations in Malaysia (it was too unsafe to vacation in the Vietnam countryside because of the war).
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I love both, but I havenâ€™t been able to persuade my husband that we need a dog.
29. Are you married? 5 years in February.
30. Always wear your seat belt? In the front seat.Â
31. Been in a car accident? Nopeâ€”unless you count rear ending someone in the rain once, but there wasnâ€™t any damage. Or backing into a tree when I was practicing for my driverâ€™s license test.
32. Any pet peeves? People who stand on the left side of the escalator coming out of the subway, forcing everyone behind them to stop walking.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni, sausage, green peppers and olives.
34. Favorite Flower? Peonies.
35. Favorite ice cream? Haagen Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonaldâ€™s. I just love Big Macs and their caramel sundae with nuts.
37. How many times did you fail your driverâ€™s test? None.
38. From whom did you get your last email? LinkedIn.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?Â I could never max out my credit card unless I knew Iâ€™d be able to pay off the balance within the month. But if I could max out my credit card knowing that someone else was going to pay off the balance as a gift to me, and I could only do it at one store, I think Iâ€™d choose Bloomingdaleâ€™s. That way I could get household things, lingerie and Akris pieces Iâ€™ve always admired.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Saw the Diana Vreeland documentary on my way home from visiting Kaori’s Closet on a Sunday afternoon.
41. Like your job?Â Yes I do . . . it would probably be better if I considered it more of a job than vacillating between it being an obsession or a hobby.
42. Broccoli? Love it, especially with melted cheddar or mozzarella or with butter.
43. What was your favorite vacation?Â Vietnam in May, 2002 with our entire family, including our nieces and nephews.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My husband.
45. What are you listening to right now? Silence. And thankfully Smudge, the most vocal cat in the world, is happily sleeping.
46. What is your favorite color?Â Red violet.
47. How many tattoos do you have?Â Zero.
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 2:20 a.m.
50. Coffee Drinker? Yes. Especially love it on Saturday mornings at the diner with the newspaper and my husband.
50 Things about Boosaurus
Contrary Kiwi http://contrarykiwi.blogspot.com/2012/11/50-things-you-never-wanted-to-know-but.html (50 Things You Never Wanted to Know (But Needed to Anyway) )