Alrighty, are you ready for Day Two?! At this point, you’ve purchased your pattern and fabric (intro post) and printed/pieced your pattern together (Day 1). Now we are ready to take a few more measurements and do some adjustments to the pattern before cutting it out!
Jodi has outlined directions for this process in her PDF instructions. I’m a very visual learner, so I thought I would try and document it more in-depth for other visual people out there.
For this process you will need:
- Top Front and Top Back pattern pieces
- The bra you plan to wear under your Mandarin Shirt
- Wear this while taking your measurements!
- Flexible tape measure
- I used a retractable one similar to this, the weight at the end helped hold the tape steady while measuring
- I love using a clear quilting ruler for making pattern adjustments! So easy to see if you’re lining everything up.
- Scissors and/or paper trimming tool
- Extra paper
- Only needed if you need to increase your pattern size. I like to use wrapping paper. You could use printer paper, junk mail, just about anything!
- Scotch tape, glue stick, or similar